Well, our fellow art lovers, let’s start this one with a big yes, definitely yes. Limited edition art prints are certainly worth something. But what is that something? Let’s break it down. First of all, limited edition art prints can be valuable investments for both art lovers and collectors. We have to agree that not all art prints are valuable. Basically, the value of art prints depends on rarity and availability, and of course, popularity, materials, condition, and affordability. Not to mention the personal preference of course.
Art prints are more affordable than original paintings and are by far the most popular form of buying and collecting art. In general, art collectors, investors, and fans are the main buyers of limited-edition art prints. To conclude, buy what you can afford and what you love. Investing in the art may be a great idea if it’s something you truly love, but think long-term. It can be risky, so always do your research. So, whether you are a collector, investor, or fan, here’s something worth considering if you’re in pursuit of great and valuable limited-edition art prints.
5 Valuable Limited Edition Art Prints
1) The London Police – Dog Ark (AP) — All aboard the great dog ark! Now, this is a classic The London police artwork, featuring all their popular characters with so much going on in this limited edition print. And we simply love it. The juxtaposed notions between The London Police characters Lads and the Robots clash and intertwine as the viewer tries to comprehend the unorthodox image.
2) Ben Eine – I’m So Happy Very Very Happy — The king of lettering, Ben Eine, quickly established himself as one of the most successful letterform artists in the world. This unique street art print radiates positivity, offering an optimistic outlook on life. With its edition size of 75, this limited edition art print is a true bang for your buck.
3) Nick Walker – Handle With Care AP silver — Nick Walker shows the beauty and trouble of love, the ease at which we get lost in it if we don’t handle it with care. This mesmerizing limited edition print serves to remind us of love’s potential to induce pain and suffering as well as joy and pleasure. Just remember, whatever you do, please handle it with care.
4) El Pez – Happy Holidays Pink — Submerge yourself in the dreamlike, experimental editions of Barcelona-born and based street art master El Pez. Inspired by his family holiday in Mallorca, El Pez created this limited edition street art print “Happy Holidays” full of little rascals having fun. Let the shenanigans begin with El Pez and his joyful art.
5) Nick Walker – Vandal Child AP — The great Pablo Picasso once said “Every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once they grow up.” Nick Walker’s “Vandal Child” brilliantly depicts a masked young girl holding a spray can. This exquisite piece from 2019 is a real bang for your buck art print.
Photos: The Art of Nick Walker