We pick our all-time favorite Robot Bearbrick figures from a plethora of robots, androids, cyborgs, and mechanical life forms. But first, let’s start this one with a definition. A robot is an autonomous machine capable of sensing its environment, carrying out computations to make decisions, and performing actions in the real world. Robots present symbols of humanity’s need to create and build, to extend its understanding of the human condition.
Some of our all-time favorite Bearbrick figures from Medicom Toy company are indeed robots. They come in all different shapes and sizes, all with different functions. Some of them are good and sweet, and some of them are vicious and evil. Hey, we don’t judge, love them all. In honor of all robot Bearbrick figures, here’s the roundup of our 5 favorite robots of popular culture.
Robot Bearbrick Figures We All Love
1) R2-D2 Star Wars Bearbrick Figure — Our first pick on the list of famous robot Bearbrick figures goes to probably the most lovable robots – R2D2 from Star Wars. A reliable and versatile astromech droid, R2-D2 is one of the most famous Star Wars characters. Stubborn, loyal, and resourceful, this droid communicates with expressive squeals and head spins, lumbers on stubby legs, and repeatedly saves the lives of human masters.
2) Terminator Bearbrick Figure — Terminator has to be the most popular movie character of all time. Disguised as a human, a cyborg assassin known as a Terminator pretty much stole all hearts away. This movie franchise spawns the greatest sequel and unforgettable characters. Here’s a list of the Top 10 Movie-Inspired Bearbrick Figures.
3) Wall-E Bearbrick Figure — Now, this is one of the world’s most adorable robots. Wall-E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) is the last robot left on Earth, programmed to clean up the planet, one trash cube at a time. One truly lovable Bearbrick figure.
4) Robocop Bearbrick Figure — Robocop is made from a human combined with steel and electronics, making him a very human-like cyborg. Basically, it shows how cyborgs are a combination of living organism and a machine. The film reinforces the notion that technology is changing very fast and leaving humanity behind.
5) Optimus Prime Bearbrick Figure — Legendary Optimus Prime is one badass robot. This amazing Bearbrick is a Transformers robot superhero. He is the leader of the Autobots, a group of sentient self-configuring modular extraterrestrial robotic lifeforms.
Photos: Medicom Toy