What’s the most expensive Bearbrick figure currently available on the art market right now?
Well, you’re about to find out. But in the meantime, we can tell you that you’ll need at least a couple of grand to own a Bearbrick on this list.
The list of Bearbrick figures mentioned below has been compiled from StockX, the world’s first stock market for collectibles. Right now on the market, these Bearbrick figures are intriguing, fascinating, uber-cool, and overall among the world’s most collectible figures.
We have carefully examined Bearbrick figures over the course of two months, to be precise, we are talking about September and October. We started our search for the most expensive Bearbricks in the market right now with a deep dive into records of the sales throughout the last two months (and around the globe). We even checked out historical records, adjusting the prices mentioned for inflation. The result?
These 20 figures have had their last sales for some whooping numbers, which makes them seriously expensive art toys. Besides these currently available figures, there are many Bearbricks in the private collections that have been paid a bit over the odds. But hey, it is what it is. Nevertheless, here we will only focus on what’s currently available on the market. Either way, it’s pretty amazing the sums of money people will fork up for their favorite things in life that usually serve as nothing more than something that decorates. It’s safe to say these Bearbrick figures definitely rule the high-end market. So, without further ado, let’s get down to business and examine the 20 most expensive Bearbrick figures available in the market right now.
1. Bearbrick x Readymade x A Bathing Ape 1000% – Last sale whooping $20,799
The undisputed champion of the art market still is the Bearbrick x Readymade x A Bathing Ape 1000% figure.
2. Bearbrick Coco Chanel 1000% – Last sale $19,035
Designed by the late fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, this Bearbrick figure is modeled to look like Chanel’s founder Coco Chanel, dressed in her classic outfit: a Chanel jacket and pearls.
3. Bearbrick Karimoku Haroshi 400% – Last sale $15,400
You can’t go wrong when the Japanese artist Haroshi, Medicom Toy, and Karimoku work together – The result is one astonishing and very expensive Bearbrick figure.
4. Bearbrick Kaws Chomper 1000% – Last sale $14,200
Although these Kaws’ art toys reflect the artist’s desire to make his works of art more accessible to the public, they reach very high prices making him one of the most sought-after artists of today.
5. Bearbrick x KAWS Original Fake x Nexus 7 Karimoku 400% Black Wood – Last sale $13,600
Made in 2007, this unique Bearbrick figure is the birth child of Kaws, Medicom Toy, and Karimoku.
6. Bearbrick Karimoku Horizon 1000% – Last sale $13,000
Whenever Medicom Toy and Karimoku join forces, the result is quite stunning and impressive Bearbrick figure.
7. Bearbrick SORAYAMA x Daniel Arsham 1000% – Last sale $13,000
The collaboration of Hajime Sorayama’s biomechanoid robot and Daniel Arsham’s art installations that conjure a kind of mythical contemporary archeology resulted in this unique and very pricey Bearbrick figure.
8. Bearbrick x Haroshi x Karimoku 400% – Last sale $12,962
Another mesmerizing collaboration between Medicom Toy and Karimoku company put this amazing Bearbrick figure among the most expensive figures on the market.
9. Bearbrick x BAPE x Levi’s 1000% – Last sale $11,200
This unique Bearbrick figure features the Levi’s produced denim jacket in the Bape legendary dotted camouflage motif which definitely does add a lot of substantial value to it.
10. Bearbrick World Wide Tour 2 x Fragment ReBearbrick x A Bathing Ape x Readymade 100% & 1000% Set (2021 Version) – Last sale $11,100
Coming in at place number ten is the 2021 edition of the very popular collaboration of Medicom Toy and ReadyMade companies.
11. Bearbrick Readymade Mickey Mouse 1000% – Last sale $9,002
This Bearbrick figure features a “Disney” trademark with a fitted camouflage ghillie suit that covers ears and hands, finished off by a small opening for the eyes. This unique combination makes it a very high-priced figure.
12. Karimoku Bearbrick Layered Wood 1000% – Last sale $9,000
Whenever Medicom Toy decides to put in the legendary Japanese furniture company Karimoku for collaboration the result is an instant and major success.
13. Bearbrick Karimoku Chess 1000% – Last sale $9,000
This is one of the most sought-after collabs in the world of art toys – Karimoku & Medicom Toy really know how to flex hard.
14. Bearbrick Emotionally Unavailable Red Heart 1000% – Last sale $9,000
For all you hopeless romantics out there, this one is for you, and it’s quite expensive.
15. Bearbrick World Wide Tour 2 x Fragment Reverse Model 1000% – Last sale $9,000
As part of Medicom Toy‘s Worldwide Tour 2, the company has made an exclusive Bearbrick. Having the “wolf in sheep’s clothing” motif, the reverse model of this Bearbrick figure features on the outside a layer of wolf’s fur and a sheep underneath. No doubt this is one of the most unique and coveted collector’s items.
16. Bearbrick Kaws Dissected 1000% Gray – Last sale $8,900
Classic Kaws Bearbrick figures are very popular with collectors of “art toys.” His amazing figures compel their collectors to consider what the commodity status of art objects is today.
17. Bearbrick Karmoku Mastermind Japan Walnut Moku 400% – Last sale $8,000
Just another example of how Medicom Toy and Karimoku make truly magnificent and very unique Bearbrick figures.
18. Bearbrick x Karimoku Rosewood Paint 1000% – Last sale $8,000
Undoubtedly, this is one of the Bearbrick figures with a great rarity, mainly because of its unique appearance that denotes great beauty.
19. Kaws Bearbrick Dissected 1000% Brown – Last sale $7,820
Apparently, everything Kaws touch is pure magic and quite expensive in the world of art toys.
20. Bearbrick Kaws Dissected 1000% Black – Last sale $7,501
By dissecting his iconic character in the form of the Bearbrick figure, Kaws blends humor with more mature notions of life and death, making his creation ultra-popular in the world of art toys.