Let’s start this one by defining what are actually designer art toys. Art toys often referred to as designer toys, are toys and collectibles created by artists, designers, and illustrators. They are usually self-produced or made by small, independent toy companies, typically in minimal editions. Designer art toys are very popular among collectors and art lovers. The beautiful thing about it is that it incorporates adults as well as children. In fact, they are perfectly widening the age range of target consumers. Designer art toys usually come in all sorts of materials, from ABS plastic, vinyl, wood, metal, latex, plush, resin, and more.
As we’re officially closing down the month of November, the holiday shopping season is kicking into high gear. While it may still seem early to some, this is the perfect moment if there was ever a time to think ahead about some super cool art toys. Now, that we all know that, it’s time to dive deep into the world of designer vinyl art toys from our favorite toy manufacturers (Medicom Toy, Fools Paradise, and Mighty Jaxx) and see what all the fuss is about.
5 Amazing Vinyl Art Toys
1) Fools Paradise – Super Fiction 2 — Now, this is the perfect blend we’ve all been waiting for haha. What do you get when you mix Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield from Quentin Tarantino’s iconic film Pulp Fiction, with Daft Punk, Smurf, and Super Mario? Well, the result is simply astonishing. One unique set of designer vinyl art toys.
2) Kaws – Family Grey/Pink (Valentine’s Edition) — Our list of next-level designer art toys wouldn’t be complete without KAWS. This unique Valentine’s Edition set features a pair of Companions that come in grey and brown with the smallest of the companions holding a pink Chum figure. One absolutely remarkable vinyl art toy.
3) Joan Cornella – K-Love — Between testing ballistic missiles and eating extravagant amounts of cheese, North Korea’s Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un can look cute. Well, in a version of the famous Spanish artist Joan Cornella.
4) Fools Paradise – XL Legend: Two Four (Kobe Bryant) — This amazing figure is more than just an homage to the legendary Kobe Bryant. Kobe was an icon who helped inspire the youth to pursue the same passion he had for basketball. Just a perfect reminder and inspiration that hard work, dedication, and passion for what you love and pursue will pay off.
5) Fools Paradise – Super Fiction — A deliriously entertaining, wickedly intelligent, this is one astonishing collectible designer art toy. This comes straight from the cinema world of Quentin Tarantino. Super Fiction vinyl art toy pays homage to iconic dance from the Pulp Fiction movie.
Photos: Fools Paradise