A Complete List of All Karimoku Bearbrick Figures
Drawing up a list of our favorite Bearbrick figures is not a new concept for us, so there’s always wiggle room when it comes to deciding which figures make the grade. Karimoku is one of the world’s most evocative names. The Japanese furniture company is synonymous with luxury wood furniture. The history of Karimoku Furniture Inc., Japan’s leading wooden furniture manufacturer, goes all the way back to the company’s time as a lumber dealer during the Edo period. Karimoku is a word made up of two Japanese words — “Kari”, short for “Kariya”, the name of the Japanese town in which the company was founded, and “Moku”, short for “Mokuzai” meaning “Wood” in Japanese.
Bearbrick Figures Don’t Come Finer Than a Karimoku
Since those early years, Karimoku has established itself as one of the world’s most desirable furniture manufacturers. From those fairly humble beginnings in Japan, Karimoku has grown into one of the world’s most recognizable luxury brands, an emblem of quality and sophistication, not to mention a considerable price tag.
So, it was only natural when Medicom Toy crossed the path with the Karimoky company. And the world of collectibles got something truly extraordinary.
It’s The Wood That Makes Them Good
Today, Karimoku Bearbrick figures are one of the sought-after collectible figures, reaching some whooping prices. Karimoku Bearbrick figures have a combination of beauty, strength, exoticness, and durability that cannot be matched by any plastic material. It’s safe to say the quality matches the price.
And so, in no particular order, color or size, let’s knock on wood and give these bad boys the treatment they deserve.
1) Let’s kick off with one of the most expensive Karimoku Bearbrick figures – Bearbrick x KAWS Original Fake x Nexus 7 Karimoku 400% Black Wood. This amazing Bearbrick figure is the brainchild of the very famous contemporary artist KAWS, Karimoku, and Medicom Toy.
2) And now, for something colorful, here’s Bearbrick x Karimoku x Haroshi 400% – This astonishing Bearbrick is uber-colorful, with many pieces having rich reds and oranges mixed in with darker shades of green and blue veins of exquisiteness.
3) We got something new on the horizon – Bearbrick Karimoku Horizon 1000% is truly one exquisite Bearbrick figure.
4) Whenever Medicom Toy, Karimoku, and Haroshi join forces, the result is quite a stunning and impressive Bearbrick figure – Bearbrick x Haroshi x Karimoku 400% Multicolor.
5) Let’s crack that Bearbrick – Bearbrick Karimoku Crack Paint 1000% is undoubtedly one of the most gorgeous Karimoku Bearbrick figures.
6) This amazing Bearbrick Karimoku Chess 1000% figure might help you to level up your chess game.
7) Made from rare walnut wood, this Bearbrick Karimoku Mastermind Japan Walnut Moku 400% figure boasts smooth grain patterns rich with irregular swirls and curves.
8) This astonishing Bearbrick x Karimoku Rosewood Paint 1000% figure is created from fine-grained tropical hardwood, a beautiful timber that has been prized for centuries.
9) Once you think it can’t get better, Medicom Toy and Karimoku surprise you on another level – This Bearbrick Karimoku Fragment Carved Wooden-Layered 1000% is truly something special.
10) BAPE (A Bathing Ape) has collaborated with Japan’s leading wooden furniture manufacturer Karimoku and Medicom Toy for some seriously cool Bearbrick figures – Bearbrick Karimoku Baby Milo (R) 400%.
11) Karimoku and Fragment Design, led by Hiroshi Fujiwara, have teamed up to create a collaboration with Medicom Toy resulting in this stunning Bearbrick Karimoku Fragment Polygon-Horizon 1000% figure.
12) The Bearbrick Karimoku Hinoki Cypress 400% is crafted from Hinoki Cypress and handmade by one of Karimoku’s skilled craftsmen. Due to the nature of the wood and its minimalist design, this Bearbrick carries a light lemon scent but due to the wood’s softness also scars easily.
13) Sometimes simplicity and minimalism are the keys to success – This Bearbrick Karimoku White 400% is the perfect example.
14) Hiroshi Fujiwara’s Fragment has become well-known in the streetwear world for its out-of-the-box collaborations. This collab carved the iconic Bearbrick shape into something more geometric than usual – Bearbrick Karimoku x Fragment (Polygon) 400%.
15) This Bearbrick Karimoku Fragment Polygon Chess 400% figure is made from several species of wood assembled and then cut into polygons, giving an exceptional contemporary geometric piece.
16) Named Woven, this Bearbrick Karimoku Woven 400% figure is made from many wood species in contrasting shades which results in a very exceptional graphic Bearbrick figure.
17) This amazing Bearbrick Karimoku Fragment Carved Wooden Longitudinal Chess 400% figure is one eye-catching collectible figure.
18) Do you feel lucky? The Bearbrick Karimoku Maneki Neko (Lucky Cat) 400% figure represents a common Japanese figurine that is often believed to bring good luck to the owner. This Bearbrick figure also comes in several color variants.
19) Apparently, everything Kaws touches is pure magic and quite expensive in the world of art toys – No exception with this amazing Bearbrick World Wide Tour Kaws (Karimoku Wood) 400%.
20) Bearbrick Karimoku Baby Milo (R) 2021 400% – Another Baby Milo version, in this case, the 2021 edition, is equally gorgeous as the previous version.
21) This Bearbrick Karimoku Brick Style Tiles 400% figure features some mesmerizing wooden tiles that really drove attention.
22) Bearbrick Karimoku Daruma 400% figure is a wooden version of Daruma, a traditional Japanese doll, which in Japan has become a symbol of perseverance and luck.
23) The first rabbrick on our list, this Bearbrick Rabbrick Karimoku Layer 400% is made of contrasting shades of wood layered front to back for a unique look.
24) Named Nyabrick, this wooden Bearbrick Nyabrick Karimoku Zebra 400% figure is made from many wood species in contrasting shades. Truly exceptional, right?
25) With a complex marquetry process, this Bearbrick Karimoku Yosegi (Parquet) 400% figure uses different essences and colors of wood to form patterns.
26) Here we have some different patterns and colors, but the same mesmerizing result – Bearbrick Karimoku Yosegi (Parquet) 2nd 400%.
27) Constructed from luxurious and dark African Wenge wood, this Bearbrick Karimoku Wenge 400% figure is something really extraordinary.
28) Bearbrick Karimoku Paorosa 400% – This astonishing example is created from the tropical species Pao Rosa, a tree from the dense rainforests of West Africa. It is a relatively rare tree, and the wood is very durable and exploited in particular for its aesthetic qualities: pinkish to light red.
29) Created in 2018, this wooden Bearbrick Karimoku Kokebrick 400% figure design is an homage to Beams’ Harajuku store.
30) Bearbrick Karimoku Ovangkol 400% is completely made of Ovangkol’s wood. Very desired with guitar makers in Africa, this durable and dark wood is ideal for giving a luxury touch to any piece.
31) Another gorgeous Horizon example, only this time in a form of a Nyabrick – Bearbrick Nyabrick x Karimoku Horizon 400%.
32) This version of the wooden lucky cat comes in red(ish) – Bearbrick Karimoku Maneki Neko 400% Red Ver.
33) Bearbrick Porter x Karimoku 400% Black presents an homage to Yoshida & Co (the makers of Porter bags), and the heritage of the luggage and accessory label.
34) Bearbrick Karimoku Iroko 400% is made from the Iroko wood which is known to live up to 500 years. The iroko is a large hardwood tree that can be found on the west coast of tropical Africa. It’s associated with a remarkable history and is believed by some to be inhabited by spirits.
35) Bearbrick Karimoku Longitudinal Chess 400% – This figure features a chessboard pattern made from different types of wood that has been glued and sculpted into the signature bear shape. The version of the chessboard is “LONGITUDINAL,” or rather, an elongated version.
36) Carved from natural Japanese Cherry wood & Red Oak, this Bearbrick Karimoku House Industries Chess 400% is designed by House Industries company.
37) The Bearbrick x Karimoku x F.C.R.B. x MLB 400% features F.C. Real Bristol (F.C.R.B) logo, which was conceptualized by the Japanese label SOPHNET., founded by Hirofumi Kiyonaga, in 1999.
38) Bearbrick x Karimoku Half & Half 400% is made from two species of wood in contrasting shades. Kinda reminds us of the famous song from Paul McCartney – ‘Ebony and Ivory.
39) Once again, another example of the magnificent chess pattern figure, only this time in the form of Nyabrick – Bearbrick Nyabrick Karimoku Chess 400%.
40) Behold, another amazing Karimoku x Medicom Toy collaboration with House Industries simply named – Bearbrick Karimoku “House Industries” 400%.
41) Bearbrick Rabbrick Karimoku Woven 400% figure features eye-catching joinery to create a diamond pattern using dark and light wood that showcases Japan’s traditional woodworking craftsmanship.
42) This Bearbrick Karimoku x SOPH. 400% features a collab with Hirofumi Kiyonaga, who launched SOPH, its concept where minimalism is king.
43) Simple name with a simple design results in one stunning Bearbrick figure – Bearbrick Karimoku Modern Furniture 400%.
44) We have to admit, but everything looks better with a layer of rich indigo paint – Bearbrick Karimoku Indigo Paint 400%.
45) This completely handmade Bearbrick Rabbrick Karimoku Birch 400% is a White Birch style Rabbrick covered with a special white coating to show the special wood.
46) It’s true, in Japan black cats are considered hugely lucky, especially for the single ladies, who supposedly bring many good suitors. This Bearbrick Nyabrick Karimoku Black Cat Floatation 400% is one beautiful example.
47) Made from rare walnut wood, the Bearbrick x Mastermind Japan Karimoku Zebra Wood 400% figure boasts smooth grain patterns rich with irregular swirls and curves.
48) Bearbrick Fragment x Karimoku Polygon 1000% is a birth child of Karimoku and Hiroshi Fujiwara and his fragment design team on board, making this Bearbrick figure very appealing.
49) Bearbrick Karimoku Mastermind Japan Maple heather 400% shines with warm autumnal rays of gold and rust, highlighted by red undertones.
50) Individually handcrafted with three shades of polished wood, each Bearbrick Karimoku Layered Wood 1000% is specially made to order, weighing in at 30kg and standing at approximately 70cm high. Can’t beat that, right?
51) Meet yet another member of the Karimoku Kokebrick family – Bearbrick x Karimoku Kokebrick 400%.
52) Created by repurposing discarded wooden skate decks, this Bearbrick Karimoku Haroshi 400% is another fine example of what happens when Karimoku and Haroshi join forces.
53) This Bearbrick Fragment x Karimoku Carved Wooden Black 1000% bears design version which looks hand-carved, with the result being rather impressive.
54) Entirely composed of granular wood, this Bearbrick World Wide Tour 2 Karimoku 1000% is a no-brainer when it comes to simplicity.
55) This Bearbrick Karimoku Walnut 400% walnut disappoint you. In a nutshell, much of the piece has been kept clean to emphasize the wood’s natural pattern.
56) The Bearbrick Karimoku Maple 400% is entirely created from maple wood which is incredibly strong, looks great, and stains nicely. The perfect combo, right?
57) Created with the utmost attention to detail and longevity, this Bearbrick Medicom Karimoku Antique Furniture 1000% will probably last longer than your furniture.
58) Bearbrick Karimoku Sapele 400% is made from Sapele, a large tropical African hardwood tree, with reddish-brown timber that resembles mahogany.
59) This Bearbrick x Karimoku x Famous Wood (Cherry) 400% starts out a light pink and darkens over time to a rich reddish hue with a lustrous patina.
60) This Bearbrick Karimoku Kokebrick 400% was created in the collaboration with Tokyo CultuArt by Beams, a project launched in 2008 to introduce Tokyo’s art, design, and culture to the world.
61) The Bearbrick Karimoku Padauk 400% features astonishingly attractive wood, with the traditional coloring of rich crimson or deep red, often with dark red streaks.
62) The Bearbrick Karimoku Purple Heart 400% is created from the luxury purple heart’s wood, a rare wood that is found in South Africa and whose purple heart is literally hypnotizing.
63) This fascinating Bearbrick Rabbrick Karimoku Zebra Wood 400% has a very cool cream color with dark blackish brown streaks vaguely resembling zebra’s stripes. Absolutely brilliant.
64) And now for something completely different – Bearbrick Karimoku Glow In The Dark 400%. This figure is made from wood that has been treated to glow in the dark.
65) Bearbrick Karimoku Zebra 400% is a figure with golden-yellow with narrow veining or streaks of dark brown to black which gives quartered surfaces a zebra-stripe appearance.
66) Although it may look like previous models of the Kokebrick family, once we look closer we can see Bearbrick Medicom Karimoku Kokebrick #2 400% has a different face and hairstyle. Wicked haha.
67) Bearbrick x Fragment x Haroshi Karimoku (Polygon) 400% is made from several species of wood assembled and then cut into colorful layers. This one is a true keeper, don’t you think?
68) The previous model was polygon, this Bearbrick x Fragment x Haroshi Karimoku (Carved Wooden) 400% is entirely carved – The choice is yours!
Hope we didn’t miss any 😝