Top 10 Most Expensive BAPE Bearbrick Figures
Let’s kick off by saying that BAPE is one of the most hyped brands in streetwear. BAPE is everywhere. Some of you are fans, some of you don’t have a clue what it is, while some don’t even give a rat’s arse about this brand. But we have to acknowledge the fact that BAPE made a really big impact on the urban culture.
Somehow, a brand that was started in Japan is on the lips of the music industry’s biggest stars. And not just music. Pretty much everything associated with the urban culture. A Bathing Ape (or BAPE) is a Japanese fashion brand founded by Nigo (Tomoaki Nagao) in Ura-Harajuku, a district in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan in 1993. There is something exceptional that managed BAPE to rise to the level of mass consciousness and to stay there of course. BAPE in the 2000s and still today is known for full zip hoodies (their trademark), Bapesta sneakers (which were modeled off Nike’s Air Force 1s), the Baby Milo avatar, and of course lots of bright colors.
Through its mixture of American street culture and sportswear and pioneering Japanese streetwear, BAPE made its way to the top of the world. This fundamental streetwear formula of hype, scarcity and public spectacle was born. The rap world, BAPE’s earliest mainstream American stronghold, started moving into more luxury brands and away from streetwear. That flashy, often very playful, and oversized aesthetic of BAPE became a mainstay of millennial hip-hop fashion.
Not to mention the collaborations they have made over the years: from Medicom Toy, Pepsi, Futura, and Obey Giant, all the way to SUPREME, KAWS, Marvel, Swarovski, Adidas, and many many others. But we are here to focus only on the BAPE x Bearbrick figures. And not just any, we take a deep dive into the world of the most expensive BAPE Bearbrick figures available on the market right now. Giddy up.
Top 10 Most Expensive BAPE Bearbrick Figures
1) Bearbrick x Readymade x A Bathing Ape 1000% (Last sale of the whopping $20,799) — The undisputed champion of the art market is the Bearbrick x Readymade x A Bathing Ape 1000% figure. This premium Bearbrick figure is crafted from Readymade’s signature vintage military fabric, which sports a functioning zipper, ribbed hems, a tiny pocket, and 3D patches on the rear.
2) Bearbrick x BAPE x Levi’s 1000% (Last sale $11,946) — Coming in at the number two spot is the ever-popular Levi’s Bearbrick figure. This unique Bearbrick figure features the Levi’s produced denim jacket in the BAPE legendary dotted camouflage motif which definitely does add a lot of substantial value to it. Released in January 2021, this extremely limited edition Bearbrick was sold out instantly at BAPE retailers globally, making it one of the hardest to find.
3) Bearbrick x A Bathing Ape x Readymade 100% & 1000% Set (2021 Version) (Last sale $9,201) — This amazing Bearbrick set is born out of collab between is BAPE ft. Readymade, a well-known Japanese label founded by designer Yuta Hosokawa known for its reworkings of second-hand garments and materials.
4) Bearbrick Multi-Color Foil XXV 1000% Bearbrick (Last sale $5,166) — Now, this is something quite colorful from the BAPE. This Bearbrick figure is completely covered in panels of shiny holographic, with each hand and leg bearing a different glistening rainbow hue. Aside from the chest branding, the figure is bare, emphasizing the bright colors over bold graphics.
5) Bearbrick x Bape x Alpha Industries 1000% (Last sale $4,900) — This astonishing Bearbrick is fully covered in army green camo displaying a zippered shark head featuring a removable MA-1 bomber jacket tailored specially for this figure. The jacket is reversible (quite convenient), giving the choice between classic army green with hunting graphics and flight tags or BAPE graduation camo. Awesome, right?
6) Bearbrick x A Bathing Ape ABC Camo 1000% (Last sale $4,420) — Pink camo? Oh wow, pretty wild. But it works like the charm. The warped ape head serves as the distinct design point laced throughout the bold camo patterns. Done in a glossy finish, this Bearbrick figure is truly something that arrests the eye.
7) Bearbrick x BAPE Maneki Neko & Daruma 1000% 2x Set Gold & Silver Plated (Last sale $3,962) — Do you feel lucky? The Bearbrick x BAPE Maneki Neko & Daruma 1000% Gold & Silver plated set represents a common Japanese figurine Maneki-Neko that is often believed to bring good luck to the owner. So, if this gold & silver set doesn’t bring you good luck, then just stick to the rabbit’s foot.
8) Bearbrick x BAPE (R) Daruma 1000% (Last sale $3,848) — Another sign of good luck. This Bearbrick x BAPE (R) Daruma 1000% figure is based on the Daruma, a traditional Japanese doll, which in Japan has become a symbol of perseverance and luck. Before putting them on display, however, the owner must make a wish that they hope will come true or something they aim to work towards in their own life, before coloring in one eye, marking the wish.
BAPE Bearbrick Available At 2B Art Gallery
9) Bearbrick x BAPE x Hajime Sorayama Camo Shark 1000% Silver (Last sale $3,157) — The fantastic collaboration between three Japanese brands (Medicom Toy, BAPE, and Hajime Sorayama) was the first time the trio worked together. And the result is truly exceptional – Sorayama × BAPE Camo Shark.
10) Bearbrick x A Bathing Ape ABC Camo 1000% Green (Last sale $2,998) — This Bearbrick figure takes on the Japanese streetwear imprint’s classic camo pattern. The art and practice of concealment and visual deception in war mean defeating enemy observation by concealing or disguising installations, personnel, equipment, and activities. Bear in mind that this astonishing figure has a glossy finish, which makes it even more attractive.
This list will be continuously updated throughout the year with the most expensive BAPE Bearbrick figures available on the market.