Welcome to the My First Bearbrick B@by collection, where you will find some of the most original Bearbrick figures in the world of collectibles. Produced by the Medicom Toy and Chiaki Kuriyama, these My First Bearbrick B@by figures are some of the longest-running releases when it comes to Medicom Toy collabs.
They’re glamorous accessories, status symbols, expensive projections of identity, and quite frankly, they are spectacular. But before we dive in, let’s say a thing or two first about the designer behind My First Bearbrick B@by Chiaki Kuriyama.
Meet Chiaki Kuriyama
Not familiar with Chiaki Kuriyama? Well, it’s time you got acquainted. She is big in Japan, no doubt about it. People all over the world know Chiaki Kuriyama for her roles in the Battle Royale, and especially for a role in Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill: Volume 1, where she played a sadistic and ultraviolent schoolgirl/assassin. Yeah, now you remember.
But above all, Chiaki Kuriyama is a very successful designer, model, and singer. In the world of Bearbrick figures, Chiaki is well-known as the designer behind the ultra-famous My First Bearbrick B@by series. The first Bearbrick figures bearing Chiaki Kuriyama’s design appeared for the first time in the Bearbrick series 15 (released in December 2007 under the “Cute” section), and ever since then, they have become a classic for the good taste collectors.
My First Bearbrick B@by Figures
1) My First Bearbrick B@by 400% — The very first figure from the famous My First Bearbrick B@by series was born in 2007. A star is born, and ever since then, Chiaki Kuriyama collaborates with Medicom Toy, creating so many desirable Bearbrick figures.
2) My First Bearbrick B@by Space Version 1000% — To infinity and beyond. The most expensive figure of all My First Bearbrick B@by figures out there. This is truly a one-of-a-kind collector’s item.
3) My First Bearbrick B@by Purple 100%/400% — Something about this color makes this Bearbrick figure extremely appealing and so beautiful. Wouldn’t you agree?
4) My First Bearbrick B@by Gold 1000% — Everything looks better in gold. This particular Bearbrick figure is highly attractive, bright, shiny, and very glamorous.
5) My First Bearbrick B@by Autumn Leaves 1000% — Many people love Autumn for the changing colors of leaves. And that is exactly what this Bearbrick figure represents – Just an explosion of beautiful hues of gold, red, and orange leaves.
6) My First Bearbrick B@by Innersect 2020 400% — Now, this is one quite stunning and impressive Bearbrick figure. No doubt this is one of the most unique and coveted collector’s items. These innersect figures can be found in various colors and sizes.
7) My First Bearbrick B@by Matte Black Glow 1000% — Matte black + glow in the dark? Shut up and take my money! This glow-in-the-dark Bearbrick figure can be found in various colors and sizes.
8) My First Bearbrick B@by Jackson Pollock Studio Ver. 1000% — This Jackson Pollock Bearbrick figure comes with a My First B@by design, resulting in a truly unique art toy. It features Jackson Pollock’s signature painting method with a transparent belly, a trademark of My Fist B@by Bearbrick figures.
9) My First Bearbrick B@by Neon 1000% — It’s a fact: Neon speaks for itself. This Bearbrick figure is an attractive first impression, with its bright red, yellow, and green colors.
10) My First Bearbrick B@by Steampunk 1000% — This Bearbrick Steampunk figure presents the essence of the steampunk genre. All wrapped up in this majestic color, this Steampunk evokes the positives of the period including invention, creation, discovery, exploration, and elegance.
11) My First Bearbrick B@by Forest Green 1000% — This Bearbrick figure evokes images of healthy plant life and a flourishing natural environment. A splash of forest green is sure to clean the atmosphere of any scene and bring with it a sense of relaxation.
12) My First Bearbrick B@by Turquoise 1000% — This Bearbrick figure’s color is positioned between blue and green on the color wheel, turquoise is a mixture of pale blue and green or blue with a small amount of yellow.
13) My First Rabbrick B@by 100% & 400% Set Pink Gold — No color signifies passion and romance like pink. The especially pink gold color on a truly magnificent set of Rabbrick figures. This Rabbrick set also comes in black, gold, marble, and blue colors.
14) My First Nyabrick B@by 100% & 400% Set — The first set of Nyabrick figures on our list. And oh boy, it is something. Nyabrick figures are so appealing and quite irresistible. This set can be found in black, gold, marble, rose gold, and blue colors.
15) My First Nyabrick B@by Marble 1000 — One of the most popular colors that are trending and are commonly being used to create attractive designs is blue marble. The blue marble is always in fashion, no doubt about it.
16) My First Bearbrick B@by SJ50 100% & 400% Set — Thought of as a powerful color, Goethe remarked on red as conveying an “impression of gravity and dignity”. And that is exactly what this Bearbrick figure stands for.
17) My First Bearbrick B@by Jester Ver. 100% & 400% Set — Now, this is one scary and quite eerie Bearbrick figure. The oddness of this figure is heightened by a clown’s bizarre costume. In addition, clowns are highly unpredictable as well as mischievous, which puts people on edge.
18) My First Bearbrick B@by Secret Ver. 400% — Another wicked and bad boy on our list. In fact, there is a secret around this mysterious Bearbrick figure, wouldn’t you say?
19) My First Bearbrick B@by Clear Ver. Chrome 1000% — This is a stunningly aesthetic Bearbrick figure. Classic My First Bearbrick B@by figures are very popular with collectors of “art toys.” These amazing figures compel collectors to consider what the commodity status of art objects is today.
20) My First Bearbrick B@by WF Fashion Macau 1000% — This specific Bearbrick figure is an homage to Macao’s WF Fashion, fashion retail operator Forward Fashion Holdings, and its’ fashion, and lifestyle store.
21) My First Bearbrick B@by (Collete ver.) 400% — Yves Klein once said that “Blue has no dimensions, it is beyond dimensions.” And that is exactly what this remarkable Bearbrick figure stands for – Just pure immaterial values beyond what can see or touch.
Chiaki Kuriyama’s incomparable aesthetic sensibility and passion for pushing boundaries have distinguished My First Bearbrick B@by figures as the best top-tier Bearbrick figures today. Which one My First Bearbrick B@by is your favorite?