DC Comics fans, gather around. You’re in for a treat. After the most comprehensive list of all Bearbrick figures from the Marvel Universe, this one is all about DC Comics characters. Of course, if you’re a comic book fan, you are pretty aware there are two major comic book companies on the global level. Yes, we are talking about Marvel Comics and the DC Comics. The (fierce) rivalry between these two publishing giants has been going on for more than 70 years now. The discussion on who has the strongest heroes goes all the way from the kindergarten playgrounds to corporate office breakrooms. Pretty wild, right? But don’t worry, we won’t go in there. Here, we will focus only on the Medicom Toy‘s Bearbrick figures from the DC Universe. Ahh, yes, our beloved Bearbrick figures in form of superheroes and villains.
DC Comics is an American comic book company best known for its characters Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman (and many many others). The initials “DC” came from the company’s popular series Detective Comics which featured Batman. Introduced all the way back in 1934, DC was initially known as “National Allied Publications”.
However, in 1946 the name was changed to “National Comics Publications” and finally became DC comics in 1977. Over the years, DC Comics has created a plethora of superheroes and villains. From one of the first superheroes to gain popularity, Superman, to one of the newest additions to DC’s film line-up, Harley Quinn, this company and its characters have grown to become one of the most recognizable names in pop culture today. And today, we will review them all (all of them in the form of Bearbrick figures).
To cut a long story short, here’s a list of all Bearbrick figures from the DC Comics universe
1) Bearbrick x Batman — Ok, let’s start the list with one of the most famous superheroes and DC characters in form of the Bearbrick figure – Batman. Bruce Wayne aka the Batman is the superhero protector of Gotham City, a tortured, brooding vigilante dressed like a bat who fights against evil and strikes fear into the hearts of criminals everywhere. The Batman Bearbrick figure can be found in various editions, sizes, and colors.
2) Bearbrick x Superman — It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane… It’s Superman. The man of steel is arguable the most famous superhero. According to an impressive seven-year study published by the University of Leicester, Superman is the world’s most powerful superhero. Well, until you bring the kryptonite (But shhh). This amazing Bearbrick figure can also be found in various editions and sizes.
3) Bearbrick x Joker — “Why So Serious?”. The Joker is the embodiment of the hypocrisy in the “villainous world.” In the canon of superhero villains, few dispute the Joker’s place atop the hierarchy of evil. He is one of the sickest, most deranged, twisted villains to ever exist, so owning a Joker figure is quite a Holy Grail for the collectors. The Joker Bearbrick figure comes in several editions and sizes as well.
4) Bearbrick x Wonder Woman — Wonder Woman is a true superheroine, an Amazonian Warrior, a race of female warriors in Greek mythology. For the purpose of the Wonder Woman character, it was the Greek gods who gave her her powers. These powers include superhuman strength and speed as well as the ability to fly. Beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, swifter than Hermes, and stronger than Hercules, Princess Diana of Themyscira fights for peace in Man’s World. The amazing Wonder Woman Bearbrick figure can be found in various editions and sizes.
5) Bearbrick x Flash — Barry Allen is The Flash, the fastest man alive. Using his super-speed powers, he taps into the Speed Force and becomes a costumed crime-fighter. He is a founding member of the Justice League. Fun fact: Flash travels at – 1750000000000000000 / 186000 = 9400000000000 times the speed of light. Which is 9,400,000 million times the speed of light. Wow.
6) Bearbrick x Green Lantern — Sworn to preserve intergalactic order, the Green Lantern Corps has existed for centuries. Hal Jordan was a test pilot who found a dying alien named Abin Sur. Abin gave him a ring that allows constructs consisting of pure willpower to be made, limited only by the user’s imagination. This Bearbrick figure comes in several editions and sizes.
7) Bearbrick x Aquaman — Arthur Curry is Aquaman, an adventurer who is half-human and half-Atlantean. He is commanding a kingdom that covers three-quarters of the Earth’s surface, including all the creatures contained within. This gives him a variety of powers including superhuman strength, the ability to breathe underwater, and the capacity to communicate telepathically with creatures of the sea, among other powers. Aquaman Bearbrick figures can be found in several editions and sizes.
8) Bearbrick x Shazam — Captain Marvel aka Shazam is a superhero in the DC Comics Universe and the protector of Fawcett City. In his secret identity, he is known as William Joseph “Billy” Batson, a young boy who was chosen to be a champion of good by the wizard Shazam. Whenever Billy speaks the wizard’s name, he is struck by a magic thunderbolt that transforms him into an adult superhero empowered with the abilities of six legendary figures.
9) Bearbrick x Green Arrow — Oliver “Ollie” Queen is the Green Arrow, a vigilante who uses a bow and arrow to fight crime at a street level while espousing socially liberal values. Green Arrow is one of the handfuls of heroes in the DC Universe who have no special powers or abilities. He possesses great strength as he is able to pull back and fire his arrow to astonishing lengths with his pure muscle force, with the simplest bow.
10) Bearbrick x Batgirl — Barbara “Barb/Babs” Gordon is a superheroine and member of the Batman Family. A niece of Police Commissioner Gordon, Batgirl has some wicked superhuman powers: photographic memory; a utility belt that contains bat boomerang, tear gas pellets, bola, smoke bombs, mini-binoculars. She also has keen athletic and acrobatic skills.
11) Bearbrick x Cyborg — One of the planet’s greatest heroes, Cyborg is a part man, part machine. He is a former member of the Teen Titans and a current member of the Justice League who wrestles to preserve his humanity with every new upgrade. As a cyborg, Vic Stone is now far stronger than the average person, he can interface with computers, and emit various types of energy that made him a formidable fighter.
12) Bearbrick x Robin — Robin is a junior crime-fighting partner for Batman, a textbook example of all teenage superhero sidekicks. Becoming Batman’s protégé, Robin is an expert fighter and astounding acrobat – with the toughest example in the world to live up to. But the Boy Wonder’s true strength may lie in not being Batman – and providing a beacon of hope and family throughout the Dark Knight’s grim crusade.
13) Bearbrick x Nightwing — Dick Grayson aka the Nightwing is a vigilante in the Batman Family and the original hero known as Robin. Nightwing possesses no known superhuman powers but instead relies on his physical conditioning, acrobatic prowess, and keen detective skills taught to him by the Dark Knight himself. Nightwing has developed a well-versed and unique skill set that earned him the reputation of being more valuable than most superheroes.
14) Bearbrick x Catwoman — As deadly as she is beautiful, the infamous cat-burglar Selina Kyle aka Catwoman uses her nine lives to walk the razor’s edge between light and darkness in Gotham City. Years of training have made her stealthy and agile as a world-class criminal, and her mastery of martial arts makes her a formidable physical opponent. She is a dangerous, clever, and resourceful fighter, known for precise, agile attacks and speedy getaways. This Bearbrick figure comes in several editions and sizes.
15) Bearbrick x Harley Quinn — Harley Quinn is the best-selling female character in comics, and she’s casually homicidal, gleefully amoral, and mentally unbalanced. Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel, also known as Harley Quinn (a pun on the word “harlequin”), is the one and only Clown Princess of Crime. Her abilities include expert gymnastic skills, proficiency in weapons and hand-to-hand combat, complete unpredictability, immunity to toxins, and enhanced strength, agility, and durability. Harley Quinn Bearbrick figure can be found in several editions and sizes.
Which one of these cool cats is your fav?
Photos: DC Comics