Stinkfish portraits can mesmerize those who look at them, giving great insight into the subject’s physical stature and emotions, and feelings. This great artist made his way to the global street art scene through his unusual approach. Stinkfish is known for taking pictures of unknown random people that he later transfers into unique murals and paintings.
Stinkfish’s unique portraits are a testimony of ordinary people, just pure visual poetry gracing the walls all around the world. Incisive, searing, and tender social commentary inhabits the work of Stinkfish. Believing that art holds no limits by giving anyone the opportunity to participate, Stinkfish captures the moments of humanity, leaving the interpretation to the public. From mesmerizing colorful portraits to thought-provoking black and white paintings, these Stinkfish artworks will surely leave you breathless.
Mesmerizing Portraits by Stinkfish
1) Stinkfish – Bogota 2 — Let’s kick off our list of the 5 Stinkfish portraits that will leave you breathless with one colorful urban artwork. Beneath the “Bogota 2” painting’s apparent simplicity lies a complex, subtle, and profoundly humanist perspective on life. Just a pure invitation to a dynamic visual experience.
2) Stinkfish – Espinas Negras Paraíso — Intelligent, engaged, striking, and responsive to the world in which we live, “Espinas Negras Paraíso” is a classic masterpiece by Stinkfish. The complex messages about race, power, and sexuality are the elements that elevate Stinkfish’s creativity to a completely different level.
3) Stinkfish – Phokara 2 — If you’re looking for something truly unique and unexpected, then look no further. This colorful character seems to be dissolving and fusing with the background. As if it was caught in the middle of becoming a part of the surroundings.
4) Stinkfish – Espinas Negras Nom Pen — This is one thought-provoking painting by Stinkfish. He often features anonymous people from the streets whether it is street musicians, beggars, or children, and captures those faces with their stories. And finally transformed them into art pieces.
5) Stinkfish – Nina de Tijuana — This limited edition print contains Stinkfish’s signature style figure with organic iconography. But the style is more playful and graphic. It is shown in a surreal, dream-like state, depicting the ever-changing female identity and beauty.
Here’s a little bonus:
This exquisite piece shows how beneath Stinkfish’s apparent simplicity lies a complex, subtle, and profoundly humanist perspective on life, and on the other side, we see the humorous and whimsical world of El Pez. This astonishing collaboration between El Pez & Stinkfish takes us from Barcelona to Bogota on a different level.